Monday, November 23, 2015

Blog Assignment #5 - Planning an Interview

During the Thanksgiving Holiday I find myself looking at faces I haven't seen in a while and in turn looking at faces trying really hard to remember the names attached to them. If some of these transients make their way to my mother's house there are a few that I would love to interview. One being a childhood friend - let's call him Friend 1; he has been with our family for a long time. I've known Friend 1 for as long as I remember, we have been through a lot of life together but he always seems to float away and back, sometimes I don't see him for a few holidays but he always shows up at the strangest times during our holiday celebrations. One Thanksgiving my brother told him that the meal would be at 6pm (Hispanics cannot understand having an early meal, it seems almost sacrilegious in my family to have such an important meal mid-afternoon) after complaining at how early the dinner was slated for he arrived at 8 pm with his parents who had to get laundry done before arriving. It was strange.
Anyhow, if Friend 1 comes by he would be who I interview. I cannot say he is particularly interesting - he is usually quiet but after a few drinks he can sling a joke or two really well. Actually he only knows about two or three jokes because I have heard the same ones over and over again, although to be fair he is really funny when he tells them.
Ok- so some of my questions would probably revolve around his interests because even though I have known him my whole life I know NOTHING about his interests. Wait, no, I have seen him play the guitar so I know that but aside from that and maybe the Mets I know nothing about him.
Question 1 would probably go like: So, Friend 1, what is the most interesting thing you have seen in Astoria?
I would ask this because he is not one for detail and I'd have to ask a creatively worded question to tease out some sort of real response.
Question 2: If you had all the time/resources available to you what would you do, where would you go?
I LOVE this question, to be honest I usually ask this question to anyone I'm trying to get to know....it tells me a lot about a person.
Question 3: What do you love?
This question I'd wait until last because this is for me what would be the meat of my profile of Friend 1, he has been so elusive during my life, it would really blow my mind if he had a crazy cool answer for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment